Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Bank of America is once again offering a $300 bonus to some of its customers. The bonus is for new Checking Accounts, and you need to be targeted in order to be eligible.
To receive the $300 bonus, one must open a new Bank of America Core Checking OR Bank of America Interest Checking personal checking account by April 30, 2018 and receive Qualifying Direct Deposits equaling a total of $4000 or more in your new personal checking account within 90 days from account opening.
The $300 bonus will be deposited within 60 days of meeting the requirements. There’s a limit of one per customer and as usual you’ll receive a 1099, so you’ll have to pay taxes on it.
- Targeted offer.
- Expires April 30, 2018
- You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last six (6) months.
The Core Checking account is probably the best option with a $12 monthly fee, which can be waived with any of the following options:
- Make at least one qualifying Direct Deposit of $250 or more, OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more, OR
- Be a student under age 23 and enrolled in high school, college, or vocational program, OR
- Enroll in the Preferred Rewards program and qualify for the Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Honors tier (first 4 checking accounts only).
We have seen this offer in the past from Bank of America and it is a very good one. To check if you’re targeted, just log into your account online and in the Activity Center, click on Special Offers & Deals. You should see the offer there. If you do, then it is definitely worth it, as $300 checking bonuses are not that common.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.