Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Barclay Choice Privileges Visa Card 40K Bonus
Barclay Choice Privileges Visa Signature Card has a new best ever sing-up bonus available till the end of May. Let’s take a look at this offer.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, enough points for up to 5 free nights! Offer ends May 31, 2017.
Bonus Points will be awarded at the close of the billing statement after the qualifying transaction(s) have posted.
Offer expires 5/31/2017.
- 15 points per $1 spent at eligible Choice Privileges locations with your Choice Privileges® Visa® Signature Card and Choice Privileges membership.
- 5 points per $1 spent on the eligible purchase of Choice Privileges points or Choice Hotel gift cards.
- 2 points per $1 spent on purchases anywhere else.
- Enjoy the perks of Elite Gold Status and get a 10% point bonus every time you purchase a stay with Choice Hotels.
- No annual fee.
This is the highest ever bonus on this card. But, even at 40,000 points, it might not be worth much to most people. In the US you can get 5 free nights in their low-end properties which are not the best around. If you’re aiming for luxury, you’ll probably get just one night. Redemption start at 6,000 a night and you can also use Points Plus Cash for reward nights starting at just 6,000 points plus cash.
You can definitely do better abroad. You can find hotels in lots of major cities in Europe for example for just 8,000 points a night, which makes this bonus worthwhile.
This is a decent bonus for a no-fee card that only requires $1,000 in spending. Best use of points is abroad. In the US you’ll have to settle for a few nights in some shady hotels.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.