Barclaycard Sending Out Spending Offers for the Arrival+
Barclaycard has been sending out spending offers for cardmembers whose annual fees are coming due soon. I received one for my Barclay Arrival+ card and I am sure others have gotten some for Barclaycard’s other cards. Please let me know in the comments section what offers you have gotten and I will update the article with the info.
Barclaycard Arrival+ Spending Offer
The annual fee on my Arrival+ is coming due in January and I received the following offer:
Earn 5,000 bonus miles when you spend $750 or more in new purchases with your card each month in January, February and March.
It is a decent offer that essentially cuts the annual fee in half. I do have some orphaned points in my account that this would make available for a redemption. That is something I need to consider when deciding on whether or not to keep or cancel the card. I will probably call to see if there are any retention offers on the card as well.
Other Barclaycard Offers
Let me know of other offers you have received and I will add them in here.
- Barclay Arrival+
- 5,000 points after spending $750 per month for January, February, and March.
- 15,000 points after spending $500 per month for Jan/Feb/Mar.
- Wyndham Card
- 2 pts/$ at restaurants, dept stores, and movie theaters 1/1-3/31/18. Max of 2500 pts
- 2 pts/$ everywhere 1/1-3/31/18. Max of 2500 pts
- Aviator Red
- 15,000 points for spending $500 each month Jan/Feb/Mar
- Cash Fordward
- 2% back on all purchases (normal 1.5) – 1/1 till 3/31 up to $25 cash rewards
Barclaycard does this for most of their cards when the annual fee is coming due in the next month or two. They hope these offers entice you to keep the card. My Arrival+ offer is a decent one that will factor in my decision whether or not to keep or cancel the card. I will still attempt to get some type of retention offer as well.
Let me know in the comments what offers you have been getting for your Barclaycard cards.