Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Barclaycard Arrival Plus 50K Ending
Just about a year ago Barclaycard raised the bonus on their Arrival+ from 40K to 50K points. While I believe it was supposed to be a limited time offer, it stuck around awhile. Now, it seems like the offer is finally going to be leaving. Should you apply?
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles (~$525) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. $89 annual fee is waived the first year.
- 2X miles (2%) on every purchase.
- 5% rebate on travel redemptions.
- Chip and PIN.
- No foreign transaction fees.
Should You Apply?
In my opinion there are a couple of things to know about this card:
- You can generally get the card/bonus again even if you have had it in the past. Barclaycard generally won’t approve you if you currently have the card though.
- Barclaycard relies heavily on your past behavior as a customer and they recently have become more sensitive to people who open up a lot of new cards in a short time according to data points.
- This card works as a Chip & PIN at kiosks in Europe and elsewhere when other U.S. issued cards don’t.
- Barclaycard pulls Transunion credit reports for most people so this could be a nice card to get if you are trying to layoff Experian and Equifax hard pulls.
While there are other 2% cashback cards without an annual fee, they don’t give you a $500+ sign-up bonus and that is something to definitely consider. Add-in the true international Chip & PIN functionality and you have an attractive card to get and try out for a year or more. This is a card that I have and carry whenever on international trips.
While we don’t have a specific end date for this offer, it will end in the next couple of days (per OMAAT who is generally very reliable). If you were thinking of picking up this card or just like to offset your travel expenses, then take a look and consider applying for the Barclaycard Arrival+ before the bonus drops.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.