Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
New Highest 60K Bonus for Cathay Pacific Credit Card
Cathay Pacific Credit Card from Synchrony Bank has an increased signup bonus of 60,000 miles. It is the highest bonus we have seen on this card but it also comes with a high spending requirement. Let’s check the details.
You can earn a total of 60,000 bonus miles:
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,500 in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 25,000 bonus miles When you spend an additional $7,500 in the first 12 months
Annual fee of $95 is not and offer expires on June 30, 2018.
- Earn 2 Asia Miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases.
- Earn 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or abroad.
- Earn 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US.
- Earn 1 Asia Mile per $1 spent on all other purchases made in the US.
Other Card Benefits
- New members will enjoy a complimentary Green membership to the Marco Polo Club for the first year of enrollment.
- Enjoy 2-day priority redemption for discount flight award booking tickets online from time to time.
- No foreign transaction fees.
This is the highest ever bonus we have seen on this credit card, but maybe not the best. We saw a 50K bonus last year with $2,500 spending. With this new offer you are getting 10,000 more miles but you also need to spend considerably more. It is still a pretty good bonus in my opinion and considerably better that the regular 25,000 miles bonus.
The card is issued by Synchrony Bank which issues mainly retailer cards and should be more lenient than other banks with approvals.
Some of the highlights of this card, besides the bonus, are that it earns 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US. This could be a good option for people who travel a lot and have non bonused spending abroad. You also receive complimentary Green membership to the Marco Polo Club for the first year of enrollment. There’s usually a $100 to join, and membership give you the ability to redeeem miles for lounge access and other perks.
When it comes to redeeming miles for award flights, their chart is distance based.
And here’s their OneWorld chart:
If you need more miles, you can transfer points from Starwood Preferred Guest, American Express Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou programs.
This is a good offer, and it probably makes sense to get this card for the signup bonus if you’re in need of Asia Miles. The spending requirement is rather painful for a credit card signup up bonus, a total of $10K. But you have a year to complete it, so it should be doable. There’s a few perks that comes with the card, but they’re mostly an afterthought. It helps that they partners with some major rewards programs so you can easily get more miles if you’re working towards a redemption.
HT: Upon Arriving
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.