Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Chase IHG Premier Credit Card Confirmed!
Mark posted earlier today a speculation on two new Chase IHG cards. That came after the Chase IHG credit card was pulled from the Chase website. Now there’s confirmation that the two new cards are coming. Straight to the Points posted an image on the new premier card with details on the benefits that will be offered.
Chase IHG Premier Credit Card
The signup bonus is 80,000 IHG Rewards points when you spend $2,000 within three months of account opening. That’s the same bonus that mark mentioned in his post earlier. You will also get 5,000 bonus points if you add an authorized user within 3 months of opening the card. But here’s some more benefits that will come with this new premium card.
Chase IHG Premier Spend Bonuses
- 80,000 IHG Rewards points after you spend $2,000 within the first three months
- 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 and make one additional purchase each cardmember year
- 5,000 bonus points if you add an authorized user within 3 months of opening the card
Chase IHG Premier Point Earning
- 10X points per dollar at IHG
- 2X points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- 1X everywhere else
Chase IHG Premier Card Benefits
- Platinum Elite Status
- 20% discount on purchases of IHG points
- Fourth Reward Night Free when you redeem points for any stay of 4 nights or more
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit every 4 years
- Annual free night certificate (Which most likely will not be valid at all properties based on the language.)
Chase IHG Premier Fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- $89 annual fee
The Chase IHG Premier ups the annual fee from the old IHG card (old annual fee $49) and makes a few other changes as well. The screenshot seems to indicate that the free night will be restricted in some way, although that isn’t confirmed. As many of you know, with the current card you can use the free night anywhere which is a tremendous value.
While Chase has added a Global Entry credit, I doubt most people here will need to use it since it is a benefit of SO MANY CARDS. I am glad to see Platinum status has remained. Even though the guaranteed benefits aren’t huge, Platinum has gotten me some nice upgrades internationally. Finally, the other big change is the loss of a 10% rebate on award redemptions on the old card, but you get a 4th night free instead. A better potential value, but a loss on shorter stays. Overall, I would say this new card is a downgrade from the old card considering the higher fee and the potentially restricted free night.
The rumors are confirmed now for the new Chase IHG Premier Credit Card, so I would guess the information is correct for the lower tier $29 annual fee card as well. Hopefully these two new cards won’t fall under the 5/24 rule either.
Let us know what you think!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.