Chase IHG Rewards Mastercard Bonus 80k + Statement Credit
Update: When clicking through to the application from the landing page, Chase redirects to the 60k offer. You may have success by calling. You can find other links and track the latest developments in this Flyertalk thread.
I have long been a fan of the Chase IHG Rewards Club Mastercard. While I don’t use it for everyday spend, it is a card that I keep and pay the $49 annual fee for. As a cardholder, not only does it give me Platinum status, but I also get a free night at any IHG property each year. This year I used that free night for a $400+ room at the Intercontinental Hong Kong!
For several years the official offer on the card has given a 60,000 point bonus. For quite some time there has also been an unofficial offer for 80,000 points although it didn’t have a landing page and some people were nervous about using it.
Fortunately a new better offer with a landing page has surfaced! This new offer not only gives 80,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months of card membership, but it includes a statement credit as well!
The Offer & Benefits
- 80,000 BONUS POINTS – Simply spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months the account is open. This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 24 months.
- FREE NIGHT – Annual free night.
- 5X – Earn 5 points per $1 spent when you stay at our hotels.
- 2X – Earn 2 points per $1 on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores & restaurants.
- 1X – Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- 10% – Automatic 10% point rebate.
- PLATINUM ELITE – Status as long as you’re a Select cardmember.
- NO FX FEES – No foreign transaction fees when you use your card for purchases abroad.
- NO ANNUAL FEE – $0 Introductory annual fee for the first year, then $49
- STATEMENT CREDIT – $50 statement credit after first purchase within 3 months.
Here is a direct link to the application page. (This is not an affiliate link.)
In my opinion this is a great card to get if you are new to the hobby. The bonus doesn’t require a lot of spend, you are awarded instant top-tier status and you get enough points for a number of award stays if you budget your points correctly.
It is normally very easy to find hotels for 10-15k points if you look hard enough. IHG also runs Point Breaks every few months for 5k points. I use Hyatt and SPG points for stays at nicer properties and save my IHG points for lower cost properties when I don’t need anything too fancy.
This new offer with the $50 statement credit takes what was already a great deal and improves on it. Like I said, this is a great card to get and keep for the annual free night and Platinum status. Good luck!