Southwest sent out emails today with two different targeted offers for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card. The two offers are similar and both expire. Let’s take a look.
Chase Southwest Plus 50K Points + $100 Statement Credit Offer
The Offer: Earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. Plus get a $100 statement credit after your first purchase with the Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card.
Chase Southwest Plus 60K Points Offer
The Offer: Earn 60,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
- $69 annual fee applied to first billing statement.
- Earn 2 Points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines flights and Hotel & Car Rental partners
- 1 Point per $1 Spent on all other purchases
- 3,000 anniversary points after your Cardmember anniversary
Need to Know
- Southwest points are often worth over 1.5 cents each towards airfare, so for many the extra 10,000 points might be worth more than the $100.
- Points earned from this bonus DO COUNT towards the Southwest Companion Pass.
- This card is known to be subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule.
- 60K is the highest bonus I have seen on this card.
These are both good offers, however I would tend to lean more towards the 60,000 point version considering those extra 10,000 points are worth more than $100 plus they also inch you closer to the Companion Pass. Either way these are targeted offers and subject to 5/24 so most of us won’t be eligible.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.