Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
$65 Flights to Europe From Three Northeast Airports
Norwegian Air is bringing they’re famous nonstop European flights to three small Northeast airports, adding 10 new trans-Atlantic routes. These fares will initially go on sale for even less than what we’ve previously seen from Norwegian, just $65 one way.
USA Today writes that they announced the expansion today, revealing plans for five trans-Atlantic routes from Providence, one from Hartford, Conn. and four from Newburgh, N.Y., which is just an hour away from NYC. The new routes include destinations in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
These new routes will kick off on June 15th with the first flight from Newburgh’s Stewart International Airport to Edinburgh. The $65 one-way price available only for the first leg to Europe. The special return base fares will run €69 or £69, depending on the destination, but taxes should bring up cost to somewhere between $200-$300.
The $65 prices are not expected to last long. Norwegian says its lowest fares on the routes will start at $99 one way in the long term.
Make sure you use Amex Platinum that offers 5x MR on airfare or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x UR on travel.
While Norwegian offers great prices, there’s tons of fees to watch out for, unless you’re traveling only with a small carry-on. You’ll be charged for advance seat assignment or meal service for the roughly six-hour flight. A checked bag will cost you $45 one way. Check out their optional service charges here.
- Edinburgh: Begins June 16; four weekly flights in the summer, two during the winter.
- Belfast: Begins July 1; Two weekly flights during summer. No wintertime service.
- Cork: Begins July 1: Three weekly flights during summer, two during winter.
- Dublin: Begins July 2: Five weekly flights during summer, three during winter.
- Shannon: Begins July 3: Two weekly flights year-round.
Newburgh/Stewart International, N.Y.
- Edinburgh: Begins June 15: One daily round-trip flight, year-round.
- Belfast: Begins July 1; Three weekly flights during summer, two during winter.
- Dublin: Begins July 1: Daily service during summer, three weekly flights during winter.
- Shannon: Begins July 2: Two weekly flights year-round.
- Edinburgh: Begins June 17: Three weekly flights during summer, two during winter.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.