Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Citi AAdvantage 50K No Bonus Rules
Earlier this year Citi made some huge changes to their bonus rules. I detailed them here, but basically you are now restricted to one bonus per product family per 24 months. The worst part is that 24 month clock resets whenever you open OR close a card within that family. Tough stuff.
From time to time certain applications have surfaced on Citi’s site that don’t contain this bonus language. Now it seems such an application is hanging around. Let’s take a look.
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- $95 annual fee waived the first year.
- Priority boarding
- First checked bag free
- 10% rebate on redeemed miles
- 25% discount on-board
You can find the application link on Reddit.
Need to Know
- People have had success getting bonuses with applications that do not have this language. There is no guarantee though that Citi will not try to restrict the bonus.
- I highly suggest reading this Reddit thread to find out the experiences of others who have applied.
- This may very well be an intentional link/application for Citi, but I wouldn’t expect it to last long given the expected popularity of such an offer.
This is a great deal if you are not able to get a bonus on an AAdvantage card due to the new bonus rules. 50K miles is about the best you can get with this card so you aren’t giving up anything if you decide to apply for this offer. I would be prepared for Citi to try and deny the bonus, so make sure to take screenshots. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and according to the terms.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.