Earn 40,000 American Airlines Miles with Public Citi Checking Bonus
Citi has a new public offer for checking accounts. You can earn 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles. We often see better targeted offers, but this is available to everyone. Let’s look at the details.
Here’s how the bonus works:
- Must have or open an AAdvantage customer account
- Enroll in the 40,000 AAdvantage® miles Offer.
- Open a new consumer regular or interest checking account in The Citibank® Account Package between the “Offer Period” of 6/1/2019 – 7/31/2019
- Within thirty (30) calendar days of opening the Eligible Checking Account, Eligible Customers must Deposit $15,000 in New-to-Bank Funds in the Eligible Checking Account and maintain the funds for sixty (60) calendar days.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have a valid W-9 or W-8BEN on file with Citibank
- Cannot be current owners of a Citibank consumer checking account or have been an owner on a Citibank® consumer checking account within the last 180 calendar days before enrollment.
- Citibank Account Package has a $25 fee waived with $10K balance.
We usually see better targeted bonuses for cash, ThankYou points or American Airlines AAdvantage miles. But this is a public bonus that anyone can go for. You need to deposit $15K in the account and keep it there for two months in order to get the 40K bonus miles. The account also comes with a $25 monthly fee that is waived with a $10K balance.
HT: Doctor of Credit