Update: The offer has been extended through 11/15.
Citi Checking Bonus $400
One of the best way to make a few bucks is to sign-up for various checking bonuses. Chase has been very generous this year with their checking bonuses and Citi is now revamping their checking products by offering a cash bonus. (Typically in the past they have offered points or miles in lieu of cash.) This $400 cash bonus has been around since September, but it expires soon, so I thought it was worth highlighting.
Start your Citibank relationship today. Open a new account in The Citibank Account Package and earn $400 with a qualifying deposit.
Getting the Bonus
To get the $400 bonus, you need to:
- Open your account by 10/31/2016
- Deposit $15,000 in new funds (not currently with Citi) into your checking account within 30 days. (You can also deposit the money into your current savings account.)
- Maintain the $15,000 balance for 30 consecutive days following the deposit
- $25 monthly service fee waived if you have $10,000 in combined average monthly balances.
- ATM fee for use of non-Citibank ATM’s is waived, if combined average monthly balances in eligible linked accounts are met
- New consumer checking account in The Citibank Account Package is required.
- This offer is for new consumer checking customers only 18 years or older.
- Enrollment in this offer does not guarantee eligibility.
- To qualify for this promotion, you must enroll in the promotion, meet the terms and conditions of this offer and perform the required qualifying activities contained in this offer. To be eligible for this offer, you must not currently have a Consumer checking account with Citibank or have been a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account within the last 60 days.
You can view the full terms and apply for the account here.
I think this is a good deal if you don’t currently have a Citi account or if you haven’t had one in the past 60 days. Yes, $15,000 is a lot of money to deposit, but it only needs to be held in Citi for 30 days and you can keep it in your savings account if you have one to earn a few cents interest. Overall, I look at the $400 as interest (which it is), so earning $400 in interest on $15,000 in 30 days is a winner in my book.
While Citibank isn’t my favorite bank to do business with, I do enjoy these bonuses. Last year I earned 50,000 AAdvantage miles and my wife earned 50,000 ThankYou points from similar bonuses. Perhaps its time to earn some more! Have you taken advantage of this most recent Citi checking bonus? Feel free to share your experiences in the comments!