Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Citi Checking Offers, Earn up to $700
Citi has brought back a lucrative offer for new checking accounts. You can earn as much as $700 in cash. The offer is available in branches, so you can just visit one and ask if they have it. Not sure if all branches are running the promotion. We have seen the same bonus through mail offers in the past.
Here’s the four options:
- Open a new Citigold account and earn $700 bonus after you make $1,000 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Citi Priority account and earn $500 bonus after you make $750 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Citibank account and earn $300 bonus after you make $375 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Basic Banking account and earn $50 bonus after you make $125 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
Purchases and first bill payment must be completed within 60 days.
- Must have received the offer with a unique promo code
- Open account by June 30, 2019
- Must not currently have or have had an account a Citibank consumer checking account within last 180 calendar days.
Requirements are fairly easy for all accounts.
The highest bonus will be out of reach for most readers since it requires an average monthly balance of $200,000. It also doesn’t make sense if you don’t already have the money at Citi. Then the Basic Checking account only has a $50 bonus so it’s not worth the trouble.
The $500 bonus I think might be the best option. The account has a $30 monthly fee (waived with $50K balance), so you will have to pay a few months worth of fees until you get the bonus. Most likely it will cost you $90-$120.
The other option would be the $300 bonus bonus. The Citibank account has a $25 fee waived with $10K balance. You’ll just forfeit you interest that you might be getting somewhere else.
These are very good bonuses for checking account. The $700 bonus might not make sense for many people, but you can definitely go for $500 or $300. The fact that it’s available in branch, should make it accessible for most people who have a branch nearby. Let us know if your branch doesn’t have the promo.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.