Citi Checking Offers, Earn up to $700
Citi has some new targeted offers for new checking accounts that can earn you as much as $700 in cash. The offers contain a unique code, so you must have received one in order to qualify. Offers are sent by mail.
Citi has send out a mailer to some of its customers. The mailer has three different offers:
- Open a new Citigold account and earn $700 bonus after you make $1,000 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Citi Priority account and earn $500 bonus after you make $750 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Citibank account and earn $300 bonus after you make $375 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Basic Banking account and earn $50 bonus after you make $125 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
Purchases and first bill payment must be completed within 60 days.
- Must have received the offer with a unique promo code
- Open account by 12/31/2018
- Must not currently have or have had an account a Citibank consumer checking account within last 180 calendar days.
Requirements are fairly easy for all accounts.
The highest bonus will be out of reach for most readers since it requires an average monthly balance of $200,000. It also doesn’t make sense if you don’t already have the money at Citi. Then the Basic Checking account only has a $50 bonus so it’s not worth the trouble.
The $500 bonus I think might be the best option. The account has a $30 monthly fee (waived with $50K balance), so you will have to pay a few months worth of fees until you get the bonus. Most likely it will cost you $90-$120.
The other option would be the $300 bonus bonus. The Citibank account has a $25 fee waived with $10K balance. You’ll just forfeit you interest that you might be getting somewhere else.
These are very good bonuses for checking account. The $700 bonus might not make sense for many people, but you can definitely go for $500 or $300. You need to have received a mailer with the offer. We also posted yesterday about a similar offer that will earn you up to 60,000 ThankYou points instead.
Were you targeted?
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.