Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Citi Checking Offers, Earn up to 60K ThankYou Points
Citi has some new targeted offers for new checking accounts that can earn you as much as 60,000 ThankYou points. The offers contain a unique code, so you must have received one in order to qualify. Offers are sent by mail.
Citi has sent out a mailer to some of its customers. The mailer has three different offers:
- Open a new Citigold account and earn 60,000 ThankYou points after you make $1,000 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Citi Priority account and earn 50,000 ThankYou points after you make $750 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Citibank account and earn 30,000 ThankYou points after you make $375 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
- Open a new Basic Banking account and earn 5,000 ThankYou points after you make $125 in debit card purchases and 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive months.
Purchases and first bill payment must be completed within 60 days.
- Must have received the offer with a unique promo code
- Open account by 6/30/2019
- Must not currently have or have had an account a Citibank consumer checking account within last 180 calendar days.
Requirements are easy for all accounts.
The highest bonus will be out of reach for most readers since it requires an average monthly balance of $200,000. It also doesn’t make sense if you don’t already have the money at Citi. The Basic Checking account also has a very small bonus so it’s not worth the trouble.
The 50K ThankYou points bonus I think might be the best option. The account has a $30 monthly fee (waived with $50K balance), so you will have to pay a few months worth of fees until you get the bonus. Most likely it will cost you $90-$120.
The other option would be the 30K ThankYou points bonus. The Citibank account has a $25 fee waived with $10K balance. You’ll just forfeit you interest that you might be getting somewhere else.
These are good bonuses from Citi if you’re looking for some extra ThankYou points, but you need to have received a mailer with the offer. The 50K or 30K bonuses are the only options worth looking at in my opinion. These points may not be transferable to Citi ThankYou partners, so keep that in mind.
Were you targeted?
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.