Citi Prestige is Available Once Again with a 50,000 TYP Signup Bonus
Citi Prestige has been revamped and relaunched. We already knew that the card was due for a comeback, and we also knew the enhancements and more importantly, the negative changes. You can read more about that here. The main gutted benefits are that the 4th Night Free Benefit will be capped at two uses per year and Concierge will no longer be available for Fourth Night bookings. But let’s look at the offer.
Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 within 3 months of account opening.
Annual Fee: $495 (not waived)
- 5 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at airlines and travel agencies.
- 5 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at restaurants (including cafes, bars, lounges and fast food restaurants).
- 3 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at hotels.
- 3 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at cruise lines.
- 1 ThankYou Point for each $1 spent on other purchases.
- Complimentary 4th Night at a hotel of your choice after a minimum 4 consecutive night booking through ThankYou.com (Beginning September 1, 2019, this benefit will be capped at 2 times, each year. Bookings made prior to 9/01/19 will not count towards the two-stay cap in 2019)
- Up to $250 Travel Credit Every Calendar Year
- Enjoy complimentary access to hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass™ Select.
- Cell phone protection coming May 1, 2019
Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
With gutted benefits, this card no longer has the “prestige” is used to. Limiting 4th Night Free to two uses per year and removing Concierge bookings makes the card less valuable. And you’re still paying the $495 annual fee. Yes, the earning rates have gotten better, but I was expecting something better than a 50,000 ThankYou points bonus as well.
Is anyone going for this offer? Let us know!
HT: Doctor of Credit