Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Citi ThankYou Premier 40K Working Link
We have had many ups and downs this year, but one of the more peculiar ones has been Citi removing the bonus from their ThankYou Preferred and Premier cards. I can sort of understand the lack of a bonus on the no annual fee Preferred (not really), but the ThankYou Premier is their flagship rewards card and their competitor to Chase’s Sapphire Preferred.
While the public 40K bonus on the ThankYou Premier officially went away, there have been zombie links hanging around for awhile. Unfortunately those links all died a few weeks ago and I hadn’t seen any working links until today. Thank to worktohuntnfish on Reddit, we have a new working link.
As a reminder here is the offer:
- Earn 40,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening – redeemable for $400 in gift cards, $500 for airfare, or other great rewards.
Note: Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a Citi ThankYou Premier card opened or closed in the past 24 months
And here are some of the card features:
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases.
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for airfare, hotels, cruises and car rentals through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards.
- Enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases.
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
While this isn’t as good as the 50K offer we saw for awhile on the ThankYou Premier, it is better than nothing. Both my wife and I have the card and use it to earn 3X ThankYou points on our travel purchases plus we have been fortunate enough to receive some generous retention offers from Citi as well. I still wonder how long Citi will keep the public bonus on this card at zero. Only time will tell I suppose.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.