Citi ThankYou Premier, 50K Bonus Now Available Online
About a week ago, I posted about this increased bonus offer for the Citi ThankYou Premier card that showed up in branch. Now the same offer is publicly available online.
Earn 50,000 bonus points after making $4,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.
Annual Fee $95 (Fee waived for the first 12 months.
Apply Here (Use incognito)
- Earn 3X on travel including gas.
- Earn 2X on dining and entertainment.
- Earn 1X on everything else.
- ThankYou points are worth 1.25 cents each when used towards travel.
- Transfer points to loyalty program partners.
- No foreign transaction fee.
Need to Know
- The bonus is not available if you have opened or closed a ThankYou Premier, ThankYou Preferred or Prestige card within the past 24 months.
- If you don’t have a Prestige, this is a good card to get to open up points transfers for ThankYou points earned with other cards such as the AT&T Access More.
When deciding whether or not to apply for Citi products, it can be tough because of their restrictions on getting the bonus. The bonus had been just 30,000 points online, so this offer is significantly better. If you recently applied, you can try asking to be matched to this new offer.
If you’re in the market for a ThankYou card and didn’t need any of the benefits of the Prestige, you should probably apply since there is no guarantee that we will see anything better soon. It’s easier now that the offer is available online.
Otherwise, I would wait. There’s rumors that the Prestige card will undergo some changes later this month and it’s possible that a new bonus could be announced to go along with those changes.
It is nice to see Citi bring back the bonus on what was once considered their Sapphire Preferred competitor. With 3X on travel and 2X on dining it earns at a good rate. This is a decent card with a great bonus which is probably the highest we will see, and much better than the normal 30K bonus.
What are your thoughts on the new Citi ThankYou Premier 50K bonus?
HT: Doctor of Credit