Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Citi ThankYou Premier, 50K Bonus Available Again in Branch
The bonus on the Citi ThankYou Premier card has been increased in branch. Previously a 50K offer was somewhat common, but lately the bonus has been much lower. Let’s take a look at this new offer.
Earn 50,000 points after you apply and are approved for a Citi ThankYou Premier card and make $3,000 in qualifying purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
It’s not clear whether the $95 annual fee is waived or not.
- Earn 3X on travel including gas.
- Earn 2X on dining and entertainment.
- Earn 1X on everything else.
- ThankYou points are worth 1.25 cents each when used towards travel.
- Transfer points to loyalty program partners.
- No foreign transaction fee.
Need to Know
- The bonus is not available if you have opened or closed a ThankYou Premier, ThankYou Preferred or Prestige card within the past 24 months.
- If you don’t have a Prestige, this is a good card to get to open up points transfers for ThankYou points earned with other cards such as the AT&T Access More.
When deciding whether or not to apply for Citi products, it can be tough because of their restrictions on getting the bonus. The current bonus has been just 30,000 points online, so this offer is significantly better. If you recently applied, you can try asking to be matched to this new offer.
If you’re in the market for a ThankYou card and didn’t need any of the benefits of the Prestige, you should probably visit a branch and apply since there is no guarantee that we will see anything better soon.
Otherwise, I would wait. There’s rumors that the Prestige card will undergo some changes later this month and it’s possible that a new bonus could be announced to go along with those changes.
It is nice to see Citi bring back the bonus on what was once considered their Sapphire Preferred competitor. With 3X on travel and 2X on dining it earns at a good rate. This is a decent card with a great bonus which is probably the highest we will see.
What are your thoughts on the new Citi ThankYou Premier 50K bonus?
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.