Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join the MtM Community!
Citi ThankYou Premier Upgrade Offer
Citi is sending out a targeted offer for the Citi ThankYou Preferred card. They are allowing you to upgrade to the Premier card with no annual fee for the first year. The offer does not come with a sign up bonus which makes it a nonstarter for most.
Upgrade your Citi ThankYou Preferred Card to the Premier card to unlock a better earning structure, redemption rates, and transfer partners. The annual fee is also waived for the first year with this upgrade offer.
The following people may find this offer useful:
- Someone who has just signed up for the Citi Prestige and recently restarted the 24 month clock.
- Someone who has a lot of ThankYou points earned from your Citi Preferred card and who wants to unlock transfer partners and the 1.25 travel redemption rates. This is assuming they are unable to get approved for the Premier card via a new sign up for whatever reason.
- Someone who struggles to spend $4000 within 3 months to get the sign up bonus, but would like to get the card.
The following people should not take this offer:
- Anyone who is available to get the sign up bonus on the Citi ThankYou Premier. There are 50,000 point sign up bonus links out there for the Citi Premier. The sign up offer ALSO waives the first year annual fee.
- Anyone who is close to the end of the 24 month Citi ThankYou clock. It is still unknown if a product change resets the clock, so it is a risk to take this offer if your 24 month clock is almost up.
This offer may be useful for some but I suspect for most it won’t. I hope I gave you valid points on both sides of the argument and that you can make an informed decision either way. Assuming your received the targeted offer.
Let us know in the comments if you got the offer and what your plans are for it.
Hat Tip to PDX Deals Guy
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.