Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
To be honest, I am not very familiar with La Quinta’s Returns program. It just doesn’t seem I have had many reasons to stay at one of their properties, so I haven’t looked into the program very deeply at all. With that said, they just launched a new game called Play & Stay. (A Facebook account is requited.) You can play each day from now until January 31, 2014.
Essentially, each spin of the machine requires 1,000 tokens. Each day you will receive 5,000 tokens along with a spin on the bonus wheel which awards additional tokens. Also, you can receive bonus tokens by following La Quinta on Twitter, liking them on Facebook or getting your friends to sign up and play.
While games are nothing new, many people have been reporting decent results the past few days. Free nights start at just 6,000 points and range up to 24,000 points. I have read that some people have received as many as 2,000 points on their first day. It would seem if that holds up, that some will at least be able to get a free night out of this.
For those new to La Quinta Returns, here is a breakdown of some of the benefits for joining:
Silver, Gold & Elite Benefits (As soon as you join):
- 10 base points per dollar spent
- Express check-in
- Late check-out
- Members only 800 number
- Secured account access via the web
- Points never expires as long as your account remains active
- Easy online redemption for the rewards you want
- Earn La Quinta Returns™ points with every purchase when you use the La Quinta Returns™ Visa® Card
Additional Gold Benefits (After 10 night in a calendar year)
- 20% bonus on all base points earned
- 2 free room upgrade certificates per year
- Free faxes (up to 15 pages per fax)
Additional Elite Benefits (after 25 nights in a calendar year)
- Elite Private Line, a dedicated line for Elite members only
- 30% bonus on all base points earned
- Guaranteed availability when you reserve 48 hours prior to arrival (Special events require 30 day advance notice)
- No blackout dates for free night certificates (Limited availability)
- Automatic free room upgrade based upon availability at the time of check-in
- Complimentary bottled water
This is a fun game that can possibly earn a free night or two at one of La Quinta’s lower level properties. While their Returns program isn’t the most lucrative, it can’t hurt to have a little fun with this promotion! Give it a try here.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.