Delta Airlines Crushing the Competition – Award Flights Starting at 5,000 Miles
Yet another award sale from Delta Airlines. They are going at it non stop these past few weeks. This sale is unique because it is a sale for cash flights and award flights. The cost starts at $99 and the award prices start at 5,000 Skymiles.
These prices are for one way flights but the terms say a roundtrip flight is needed to be booked in order to get these prices. I found that in reality this isn’t the case…there is award space for one way flights as well.
The flight sale comes with the following terms:
- Book by September 25, 2018
- Fly October 30, 2018 through March 7, 2019
- 21 days advanced purchase
- Friday or Saturday stay required (not really though from what I saw)
Many of the routes on sale are regional flights but here are some of the better options I saw:
- Atlanta to Louisville – $109 or 6,000 miles
- Austin to Los Angeles – $149 or 9,000 miles
- Austin to Seattle – $129 or 7,000 miles
- Boston to Milwaukee – $129 or 7,500 miles
- Detroit to Philly – $129 or 7,500 miles
- NYC to St. Louis – $139 or 8,500 miles
- Portland to Salt Lake City – $119 or 7,000 miles
- Nashville to Raleigh – $99 or 5,000 miles
As you can see miles is going to be the better option most of the time. Booking these sales will bring you a return of 1.5-2 cents per Skymile. Delta hints that there are even more sales out there so be sure to check any future flights you were considering from your home airport.
These prices compete with and often beat using British Airways Avios for American Airlines flights domestically. If you were planning a trip on one of these routes then you are in luck. Remember that American Express Membership Rewards points transfer to Delta Airlines and that you can get 100,000 MR points with the Platinum card’s current targeted offer.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.