Discover 2nd Quarter Bonus Categories Activate
Discover’s 2nd quarter bonus categories are now available for registration. This upcoming quarter you can earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Gas Stations, Uber and Lyft. These categories should be super easy to maximize!
How It Works
The Discover it card earns 5% cashback on up to the first $1,500 in bonus category spend per quarter. If you are able to fully maximize the benefit then you can earn $75 cash back every 3 months.
You have to activate the bonus before making your purchases in order to get the 5% back. The 2nd quarter bonus categories can be activated now by visiting this page and logging into your account.
Here are the terms that explain which purchases will earn the 5% cashback in the 2nd quarter:
- Purchases made at Gas Stations affiliated with supermarkets and supercenters may not be eligible.
- Purchases made through Uber Eats will not qualify.
- Purchases of Uber and Lyft gift cards may not be eligible.
- Certain digital wallet transactions qualify for 5%, for more information see Discover.com/digitalwallets.
- Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if the technology does not provide sufficient transaction details for rewards qualification.
Uber and Lyft should come in handy to help maximize this upcoming quarter’s 5% bonus. But gas stations are probably the more interesting option for most people. Gas will qualify for 5% cashback but so will gift cards, for those who have the option. That will make it easy to complete the $1,500 in spending.
1st Quarter Reminder
As a reminder Discover is paying 5% on grocery store purchases in the 1st quarter (through March 31) which should be easy to maximize for almost anyone.
Get the Card
If you don’t have the Discover it card currently, you can earn double cashback your first year. That means you earn 2% cashback on normal purchases and 10% cashback on bonus category purchases.
The card also has a $50 signup bonus.
Discover’s 2nd quarter bonus categories should be easy to maximize given the fact that gas stations are an option, but also Uber and Lyft should help. Just don’t forget to activate the 2nd Quarter bonus categories first, before you make any qualifying purchases, or you won’t earn the bonus cash. Do that now! There’s no reason not to.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.