Ebates Triple Cashback Week & More
Ebates is running a Triple Cashback promotion with increased offers across a number of merchants.
Triple Cashback Week
Here is how Ebates describes the promotion:
Multiply your Cash Back from August 23-29 with Triple Cash Back through Ebates! This fantastic promotion is one week of huge Cash Back at your favorite stores, like Nike (12.0%), Saks Off 5th (12.0%), JCPenney (9.0%), and Neiman Marcus (12.0%). You can also stock up for your furry friends with 9.0% Cash Back at Petsmart.
Shopping portals often run promotions, but sometimes they still aren’t good deals. I looked at a number of merchants included in the sale and here is what I found.
- JCPenney – 12% cashback at Ebates, next best is 9%.
- Groupon – 9% cashback, better than others in the Getaway and Goods categories, while Simply Best Coupons beats them with 10% in the Local category.
- Dell Consumer – 10% cashback at Ebates, next best is 6%.
- eBags – 18% cashback at Ebates, Top Cashback is at 22%.
- Macy’s – 9% at Ebates, also 9% at Shop at Home
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – 9% at Ebates, 6.6% at Top Cashback.
What this means is that even with promotions, it is a good idea to check rates at a site like Cash Back Monitor before purchasing. In some cases Ebates beats the competition, but in others their triple cashback is still lower.
Up to 20% at Priceline
As part of their “Daily Doubles” promotion, for today only Priceline is doubled to “up to 20%” cashback depending on the category. The breakdown is as follows:
- 20.0% Cash Back on Cruises
- 9.0% Cash Back on Name Your Own Price Hotel
- 6.0% Cash Back on Published-Price Prepaid Car Rental
- 6.0% Cash Back on Hotel, Name Your Own Price Rental Cars, Name Your Own Price Airfare
- 5.0% Cash Back on Vacation Packages
- $6.00 Cash Back on Published-Price Flights
Pretty good rates across the board. You can find all of the triple cashback stores along with Priceline’s cashback on the Ebates website.
Ebates is probably my favorite portal because I find their tracking to be reliable and their customer service to be good. They don’t pay as often as other portals (once per quarter), but I am willing to overlook that. If they have the highest rates I will use them over other portals, but I always still compare portals to make sure I maximize my return.
Now excuse me while I find a cruise to book! 🙂