eBay Staples Gift Card Deal
PayPal Digital Gifts via eBay is selling $150 Staples eGift cards for $130. By taking advantage of this deal you can actually generate some Ultimate Rewards points for no cost. Let’s take a look.
Buy a $150 Staples eGift card for $130. Limit 5.
Maximizing the Deal
- Go through the Shop at Home portal for 1.5% cashback and also earn 2% in eBay Bucks. Your total rebate between these two will be $22.75.
- Buy 5 cards and pay with the Chase Ink card through PayPal. The seller is PayPal Digital Gifts so you should earn 5X Ultimate Rewards or 3,250 points total.
- Sell the gift cards to SaveYa for 84.5% or $126.75 each.
Update: The math just got even better. Some accounts are now being targeted for 4X (8%) in eBay Bucks. That adds an additional $39 profit to the deal if you are targeted.
Here is the math of the deal:
- Total Cost: $650
- Portal & eBay Bucks: -$22.75
- Proceeds from selling: -$633.75
- Final Cost: -$6.50
- Points earned: 3,250
So there you have it. You can make $6.50 and 3,250 Ultimate Rewards points.
Other Gift Cards
eBay has a number of other gift cards on sale as well. Among the deals are:
- $100 ChevronTexaco gift card for $92.
- $100 Sears gift card for $85.
- $100 CVS gift card for $88.
- $100 BP gift card for $92.
- $100 AutoZone gift card for $90
- $100 Barns & Noble gift card for $88.
You can find all of the discounted gift cards here.
These deals aren’t for everyone, but considering the codes can be sold digitally, there is a minimal amount of work involved. The total time to purchase and sell should be less than 10 minutes or so. Given the value of the points, it was worth it for me to purchase five cards, but I’ll probably keep mine to purchase merchandise for reselling.