Family Travel for Real Life
So I was trolling the internet one day (actually Twitter) when I saw Dia Adams from The Deal Mommy post something about possibly hosting a family travel conference and I thought what a great idea it was. Instantly I struck up a conversation with her about it.
At the time it was just an idea she was putting out into the universe, but with great interest, the event came to fruition. As Dia puts it, “FT4RL is the first seminar for frequent travelers (and those who wish to be) specifically tailored to the needs of families.”
I am blessed and honored to be among the group of speakers at this event which will be held in Washington DC on August 23, 2014. Here is a tentative schedule. All of the speakers listed are confirmed to attend, but the schedule is subject to change.
Confirmed Speakers and Schedule:
- 9:00-9:45: Registration and meet your fellow travelers
- 9:45-10:00: Welcome from The Deal Mommy
- 10:00-10:55: Shawn Coomer, Dad, from Miles to Memories on the topic of extended travel with your kids (with an assist from The Deal Mommy on Camp Mom).
- 11:00-11:55: Phil, Dad of 2, from Miles Abound on how to earn miles without opening 10 credit cards in one day or spending 20K a month and which programs are best for families.
- 12:00-12:55: Lunch (be sure to use this time to meet new friends and chat travel!)
- 1:00-1:55: Jason Steele, Dad of 2 and well-known points expert, on using those points on family travel (Have you ever tried to book 4 award tickets?)
- 2:00-2:55: Susan DeBruhl, Mom and Grandma, from Carolina Travel Girl on lodging options when a regular hotel room just isn’t gonna cut it. I’ll have lots to share on this topic as well, including how I rent condos worldwide for $35/night!
- 2:55-3:10: Afternoon Break and snack
- 3:10-4:05: Debra Schroeder, Mom of 2, from Traveling Well for Less on how to keep saving once you get to your destination.
- 4:05-5:00: Ask the Speakers session. Make sure to bring your specific travel questions!
Fortunately you still have until July 2, 2014 to get the early bird registration price of only $51.22 including Paypal fees. After that, the price will go up to $61.47 including Paypal fees. Admission includes all sessions plus lunch and an afternoon snack.
I want to emphasize that none of the speakers are being paid to attend the event. We are volunteering our time to share our knowledge and experience. Click here to purchase tickets.
Event Location & More Information
The event is to be held at the Hyatt House Dulles which should make it easy for anyone who is flying in to attend. Dia has arranged a group rate of $85 plus tax, but I have seen rates about $20 lower than that, so it is best to keep an eye out. She has all of the information about the hotel and registration on her website.
I am excited about both speaking at and attending this conference. The lineup of speakers is amazing and I am sure everyone who attends will learn quite a bit.
If you have any questions about the event or anything else, please let me know either by leaving a comment or emailing me at milestomemories at gmail dot com.