Flying Blue has published their new promo awards which are discounted award tickets that save you up to 50% (usually less than that) on Award Miles. Let’s see the new promotion.
Flying Blue Promo Awards offer 20-25% off on select routes between now and August 31st, 2017.
See promotion page.
- Reservations must be made exclusively on www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights.
- These promotional Promo Awards may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Awards are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Promo Awards are subject to availability
There’s a limited number of departure cities for this promotion. In North America you can only fly out on Boston or New York. But you get good value for your miles, with just 46,875 one-way to Europe in Business Class or 93,750 miles round-trip. There’s also fuel surcharges, $200-$220 one way. Even if you don’t live in one of these two cities, you should be able to find a cheap award flight to get there and then make your way to Europe.
Discounted award tickets are also available to and from a few Caribbean citiessuch as Havana, St. Maarten, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo.
These promo awards from Flying Blue are not as good as they once were. It used to be 50% off all around but now we usually see a 25% discount. There’s still good value though for Business Class travel to Europe and Israel. You could put together a trip with more intra-Europe fares that usually go for 6,800 miles each way in economy.
HT: Frequent Miler