Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
FoundersCard Review & Guide to Membership
FoundersCard is a membership club & fancy metal card that provides discounts and networking opportunities to it’s 25,000 members. Designed for business executives, this membership can also be valuable to those who love to travel. This FoundersCard Review Guide is designed to provide an overview of FoundersCard to help you decide if membership is right for you.
Founderscard Membership Cost & Getting A Preview
FoundersCard membership normally comes with an annual fee of $595. During different promotions in the past membership has been as low as $295 per year with a two year commitment. As of the time of posting, the best deal is $395 per year.
The referral code FCSHAWN593 (already embedded in the link above) should get you the discounted rate of $395 per year. If the code isn’t filled in, simply input that code. Signing up won’t commit you to anything, but will instead allow you to preview a membership to see if it is right for you.
FoundersCard Review – Benefits
Before signing up, perhaps you want to know a little bit more about what you’ll get. FoundersCard breaks their benefits down into sections described as: “Hotels”, “Lifestyle”, “Travel”, “Business” and “Events”. I’ll take a look at each of these categories separately and describe what I think are the best benefits of each. I will also dedicate a section entirely to Caesar’s Total Rewards Diamond status, which I think is the most valuable FoundersCard benefit.
FoundersCard Review – Hotel Benefits
FoundersCard has negotiated discounted rates and extra property specific benefits for its members at dozens of hotels around the world. I don’t personally use their discounts often since I mostly use hotel points for bookings. Also, when I pay cash I often find better deals through Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts.
With that said, FoundersCard has partnered with select properties from the following brands:
- Mandarin Oriental
- Park Hyatt
- Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Starwood Hotels/Marriott
There are additionally smaller brands and properties which are also included in the hotel discount program.
FoundersCard Review – Travel Benefits
One of the places where FoundersCard shines is in the travel department. From elite status to travel discounts, FoundersCard provides a decent selection of benefits for its members.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star status (One class upgrade, bonus points)
- Avis Preferred Plus status (Upgrades, bonus points)
- Sixt Rent a Car Platinum status (Discount, free addtl driver in U.S., upgrades)
- Hilton Honors Gold status (Free breakfast & room upgrades at most Hilton properties)
- Marriott Rewards Gold status trial (Free breakfast at non-resort hotels, room upgrades)
- Cathay Pacific Airways Marco Polo Club Silver status trial (Lounge access on Cathay, priority check-in & boarding and more)
In addition to elite status, FoundersCard has negotiated discounts with a number of travel providers. Among the discounts are:
- Car rental discounts with: Hertz, Avis, Silvercar and Sixt
- Airline discounts with: Alaska Airlines, Emirates, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, JetBlue & British Airways
- Hotel discounts: See hotels section above
Other Travel Benefits/Discounts
Besides what has been mentioned above, FoundersCard has a couple of other interesting travel benefits worth mentioning.
- 1 year of free TripIt Pro membership and a discounted $39 annual rate after that
- Jetsmarter 3 month private jet trial membership
- 6 months of free CLEAR membership and a discounted $140 annual fee after that
FoundersCard Review – Lifestyle Benefits
FoundersCard also has some niche benefits designed to enhance your life as well. While I won’t cover all of the 60+ lifestyle benefits here, I will cover some of the highlights. Keep in mind that some of these discounts are location dependent.
- Car Discounts: Audi, BMW
- Clothing Discounts: Trunk Club, Adidas, Cole Haan, Tommy John, Reebok & more
- Fitness/Health Discounts: Bliss Spa, Crunch Fitness, Pure Yoga, Soul Cycle & more
FoundersCard Review – Business Benefits
The final set of benefits and discounts comes for your business. FoundersCard is meant to be a membership club of primarily business owners and thus has a set of features designed for businesses. Here are some of the highlights.
- Telecommunications Discounts: 15% off AT&T Wireless, 1 year of Phone.com, RingCentral
- Technology Discounts: Lenovo, Dell, Apple, Office Depot
- Business Essentials Discounts: Office 365, LegalZoom, Shopify, Constant Contact, MOO Inc & more
FoundersCard Review – Total Rewards Diamond Benefit
I can’t write a FoundersCard review and not talk about my overall favorite benefit, Total Rewards Diamond status. Even though I don’t gamble, I get a ton of value out of this casino loyalty status. Among the best perks of Total Rewards Diamond status are:
- No resort fees
- Complimentary stay at Atlantis
- $100 dining credit each year
- A free show from a select list each calendar month
- Free parking & priority valet
Shortly after receiving my upgrade I received some nice room comp offers as well. Those dried up after awhile of me not gambling, but added to the overall value. While the Diamond Lounge benefit was recently taken away unless you gamble a lot, this status still holds a lot of value.
FoundersCard Review – Social Events
Finally, in addition to all of the benefits & discounts FoundersCard also holds “Signature Events” throughout the year in various cities. These events are designed to help you network with other members. I have never attended one of these events, but have heard from other members that they are valuable. While the list of cities changes year to year, as an example some upcoming events are in London, Chicago, Boston, New York & Los Angeles.
FoundersCard Review Guide Wrap-Up
As you can see from this FoundersCard review, between all of the available discounts and especially with Total Rewards Diamond membership, my FoundersCard annual membership fee is more than offset each year. While FoundersCard definitely isn’t for everyone, if you have a specific use for the discounts & benefits it can be a winner. Preview a FoundersCard membership now.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.