HUGE Amex Platinum 100K Bonus Returns - Check now to see if you are targeted.
1,000 United Miles for $1
The United MileagePlus portal is running a great promotion for signing up for the Wall Street Journal.
Sign-up for the Wall Street Journal for at least 45 days and receive 1,000 MileagePlus Miles. 2 month trial for $1.
- Extra miles will be issued based on an eligible Member’s purchase of a subscription to The Wall Street Journal, starting with one (1) two month trial subscription for $1.00.
- The trial subscription purchase must be made between September 15, 2016 at 12:01am Eastern Time through 11:59 pm Eastern Time on September 19, 2016 and must remain active (i.e., may not be cancelled) for at least 45 days.
- There are no refunds of the $1.00 trial subscription fee.
- If the Member does not cancel the trial subscription by the end of the two month trial subscription period, Member’s subscription will automatically convert to a monthly subscription, and Member’s credit card will be charged based on the terms found on the WSJ offer page.
- Offer is limited to one (1) trial subscription per United MileagePlus account number.
Since you only need to keep the account open 45 days, you can subscribe to the trial and cancel between the 45-60 day mark. Simply set a calendar reminder and you should be good to go. 1,000 miles for $1 plus two months of the Wall Street Journal. Not bad and everyone in the family should be able to do it! 🙂
HT: Doctor of Credit
1,000 Free Virgin Elevate Points
Virgin America is currently offering two separate promotions where you can earn 500 free points for signing up for email lists. I covered their hotel promotion a couple of weeks ago and now another free 500 point promotion has surfaced.
Sign up to receive Virgin Sport news, events and 500 points.
- Offer valid until September 30th, 2016.
- Only one email address is allowed and only one set of 500 points will be awarded per Elevate account number.
- Bonus reward points earned in this offer do not qualify towards Elevate Gold or Elevate Silver status.
- Please allow 10 days for your points to post from the promotion end date.
Since Virgin Elevate is a revenue based program and these points are worth north of 2 cents each, this bonus is worth more than $10 or both bonuses together are worth more than $20. If you don’t want to receive the emails in your main box, have a backup address handy for such promotions. That is what all of the cool kids do!
HT: Travel Update
All together I would say these bonuses are worth roughly $40 or so and at the very least the hassle factor of the Virgin promotions make them worth it. For most the United promo is probably worth it as well, as long as you are someone who is organized and good about cancelling trials.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.