Do Kids Really Fly Free For $59.99?
Update: Promotion has been extended until Mar. 11, 2020.
Frontier has an interesting promotion that will save big families a substantial amount on money on flights. All kids 14 and under can fly free on select flights with the purchase of a Discount Den member fare. So two parents and two kids under 14, only need to purchase two tickets. Two parents and four kids, only need to purchase three tickets, and so on. But it does require a Discount Den Memberships that costs $59.99.
Kids Fly Free
There’s some requirements and limitations that come with the free tickets:
- Be a Discount Den Member – You need to join Frontier’s fare membership club, Discount Den, to enjoy Kids Fly Free. You will also unlock other benefits including unlimited access to our lowest fares for up to six people on your itinerary. You can join Discount Den now or at the time of your booking. This membership costs $59.99 per year, and it already gives you good value if you use Frontier often. You’ll likely get discount of about $10 per ticket, compared to prices available to non-members. You also get early access to schedule extensions.
- Choose a Kids Fly Free Flight – Select a flight on a date that is qualified for Kids Fly Free, it’s easy to find as it’s marked with a Kids Fly Free logo beneath the Discount Den price. Remember to include the children traveling in your search to see the offer. It’s only available on select dates and destinations, usually during weekdays and some Saturdays. Here’s the dates when kids can fly free, and more dates should be added as their schedule is extended:
- February – 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- March – 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- April – 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
- May – 1, 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 29
- June – 1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- July – 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- August – 5, 6
- Book it and Save! On valid Kids Fly Free flights, one kid under 15 can fly for free for every adult Discount Den fare purchased. So complete your booking and enjoy your extra savings. Please note, the Kids Fly Free discount will show at time of payment. Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Jan. 28, 2019 for domestic travel within the continental United States. Travel is valid through Aug. 11, 2019 on specific day of week as listed.
This should be a great deal for large families. One kid 14 and under flies for free for every purchased ticket. You need to sign up for Discount Den, to get the deal, but that membership already pays itself if you fly a few times with Frontier.
The promotion page says that you need to book by January 28th, but it might go on past that as well. But make sure you take a look and book today if you have set travel plans already. There’s plenty of summer dates available, so a family getaway could get considerably cheaper.
One downside is that you need to fly a low-cost carrier. But if you know what to expect and avoid extra fees, then you shouldn’t have many surprises.