Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
GiftCardMall Visa Promo
GiftCardMall is offering $5 off their normal $5.95 purchase price on Visa gift cards.
This Thanksgiving week take $5 off all Visa cards with the promo code 5OFF.
- Promo code 5OFF is valid on Visa Gift Cards from GiftCardMall.com through 11/27/16, up to a maximum of 12,000 Visa card units.
- Store and eGift Cards are not a part of this promotion.
- Savings are applied to the card fee.
In addition to the $5 off, you can get 1.25% cashback from either Top Cashback or Simply Best Coupons. When factoring in the cashback the final price for a $500 card looks something like this:
- Cost: $505.95
- Coupon: $-5
- Cashback: $-6.25
- Final Cost: $494.70
Need to Know
- GiftCardMall loves loves loves to cancel orders for no reason. Be prepared for some frustration if you haven’t ordered through them before.
- This deal is probably going to reach its limit sooner rather than later.
- Visa gift cards from GCM come with a name on them so they are a bit easier to use at places where they like to check ID.
- These cards are issued by Metabank and are PIN-enabled. The pin is the last four digits of the card number.
For info on liquidation see: How To Liquidate Prepaid Visa & Mastercard Gift Cards
It’s hard to argue with negative cost spend that can be done from the comfort of your home, but GiftCardMall isn’t the easiest to deal with. If you order from them regularly then this is probably worth jumping on and if you are like me and have orders cancelled for no reason, prepare for a few headaches.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.