HUGE Amex Platinum 100K Bonus Returns - Check now to see if you are targeted.
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Club Lounge Review
We have published a series of posts about the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar:
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Review Part 1: Will this be Bahamas New “It” Resort
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Hotel Review Part 2: Casino, Restaurants and Service Issues
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Drinks at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Food at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Club Lounge Overview
The Grand Club Lounge at Baha Mar is a nice perk to guests staying in the Hyatt portion of the resort. It’s great for those travelling on business as well as those travelling with family. It’s also a good way to save some money on food and drink. The lounge is located in the West Tower and is a short walk from the guest elevators.
Access to the Club Lounge can be obtained in several ways. First, Hyatt Globalists get automatic access to all Club Lounges thanks to their top tier status. If you’re Hyatt Explorist, you receive 4 Club Upgrade Certificates per year that can be used on a per stay basis and can be used for club access.
If you’re paying with points, a club room is an extra 7,000 points per night. If you’re paying cash for your stay, you can upgrade to club access for 3,000 points per night or additional cash (amount varies between $40 and $100)
Club Lounge Features
- Meeting Room
- Computer Work Stations with Printers
- Large Seating Areas with Flat Screen TV’s
- Full Service Coffee Bar/ Machines Available at all times
- Indoor and Outdoor Seating Areas
- Attendant Staff
- Refrigerators stocked with non-alcoholic beverages
Food and Beverage
This is what you came for. The food and beverage options during meal hours are great. The fridges are always stocked with soda (coke brand), Evian water, sparkling water, tonic water, orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, and a variety of milks including soy.
The coffee/espresso machine is top notch and makes a variety of coffee variations. I actually really enjoyed the lattes and it was a nice touch that you could make it to stay or put it in a to go cup.
The breakfast buffet here is impressive. I think there are enough options that there is no incentive to go elsewhere for breakfast (it of course helped that everything was delicious). Breakfast is served between the hours of 6 -10:30 am.
- Cereal- 3-4 options each day
- Yogurt Station with varied toppings including fruit, granola, nuts, dried fruits
- Bread station complete with every variety of bread you can imagine, muffins, wide selection of pastries and butter, cream cheese, several types of jelly and preserves
- Lox station with capers, sour cream, onions and bagels
- Hot Dishes- these varied by the day but always included bacon and eggs
- Cheese and Charcuterie selection
The dinner options are certainly varied enough that you could skip dinner and just eat at the lounge. I felt the quality of food was very good and I enjoyed mostly everything I eat. There is also free wine, champagne, beer and cocktails during dinner.
- Bread station complete with at least 10 types of bread and rolls with butter
- Salad station with several vegetable options
- Variety of meats and cheeses
- Cold Salads
- Hot Dishes- these varied by the day. While we were there the selection included seafood chowder, pasta, egg rolls, jalapeno poppers
- Variety of Sandwiches
Non Meal Times
During the day there are light snacks available including cookies, sweets and fruit. The selection is minimal so it’s definitely not a good substitute for lunch.
Overall, the lounge is great and definitely worth the additional cost. It’s beautifully decorated, large and contained more than enough seating to accommodate any crowd. The selection of food and drink was ample and high quality. Service was excellent and staff was very pleasant.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.