Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Earn 10,000 Points With 2 Night Stay
Hilton has a new promotion for personal and business Amex Platinum Card Members that can earn you some extra points. Let’s take a look.
As an American Express Platinum Card® Member enrolled in complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, you’re eligible to receive 10,000 Bonus Points after you stay 2+ nights at any Hilton property worldwide. Simply register for the offer and complete your stay by December 31, 2017.
- Offer is valid for American Express® Platinum Card Members, Business Platinum Card Members and Corporate Platinum Card Members in the U.S. and U.S. territories who have enrolled in complimentary Hilton Honors™ Gold Status through American Express and complete a qualifying stay.
- Offer is valid for stays at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio from October 2, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
- Check-out for stays must be on or before December 31, 2017.
- Registration in the offer via HiltonHonors.com/AmexPlatinum is required prior to completing a stay within the offer period.
- Offer valid one-time only and only when you pay with your American Express Card.
- Offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offers or discounts.
- After a qualifying stay, you will automatically earn 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Offer valid for stays at any property in the Hilton Portfolio excluding Hampton by Hilton™ Hotels in the Republic of China and is subject to availability.
- Minimum 2 consecutive night stay required.
- Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your Hilton Honors account.
How to Maximize
The offer is better than the one they offered back in May but not something to rave about. What makes it interesting is that it has very few limitations and gets much better when stacked with lots of other offers currently available by Amex and Hilton. It doesn’t seem to limit the form of payment to your Amex Platinum card, but maybe only to an Amex card. That means that you could use your Amex Hilton Surpass to earn 12 points per dollar.
Here’s other offers that are currently available:
- Hilton Amex Promo, Earn 5,000 Hilton points With Two Stays
- Amex Offers; Save 20% At Comfort Hotels, Hampton by Hilton And Hilton Garden Inn (Targeted)
- Amex Offers, Get $40 Off $200 At DoubleTree By Hilton
- Amex Offers, Spend $250 Get $50 Back (#AmexHilton)
Hilton points are only worth about 0.4 cents each so usually these promotions are not worth considering on their own. But Hilton runs lots of promotions and there’s usually Amex Offers for some of their brands. Stacking a few of these deals together definitely makes sense and could be worth taking a look at their properties. Either way, it’s always good to sign up for these promotions, even if you’re not sure you’ll be taking advantage of them. You never know what comes up later on, and this promotion runs through the end of the year.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.