Hilton Honors Status Match Until March 2020
There has been a lot of talk recently about the SPG/Marriott merger and there are many who are unhappy with how it went down. Especially SPG people who lost some of their status perks. If this is checking some boxes for you the Hilton Honors status match is still ongoing. It is open to all hotel loyalty chains, not just Marriott/SPG, and it is an easy way to score status.
You receive the status with no strings attached for 90 days. You need to complete the required stays to keep it until March 2020. Here are the following status levels that you can match into:
- If your status matches to Gold you need to complete 4 stays within the 90 days to keep it until March 2020.
- You get the benefits of Gold status right away and use it during those 4 stays.
- If your status matches to Diamond you need to complete 8 stays within the 90 days to keep it until March 2020.
- You get the benefits of Diamond status right away and use it during those 8 stays.
In order to get matched you need to do the following:
- Prove that you have status with another hotel program.
- A screenshot of your loyalty account or a picture of your loyalty card will suffice.
- You also have to prove you have at least one stay this year.
- A copy of a past receipt or reservation will do the trick. Make sure you redact any personal information outside of your name and loyalty number.
The Hilton Honors status match is a match and a challenge all rolled into one. If you have an upcoming stay with Hilton that status could make better, or more affordable (free breakfast), then take advantage of this. No need to complete the challenge if you do not think you will be staying with them much in the future.
If you are looking for a program to make the switch to then 4 or 8 stays should not be too difficult to muster within 90 days. You can give Hilton status a test run without having to fully commit.
This all assumes you do not have Hilton status already from the one of their co-branded cards. You can easily get Gold status with the Hilton Ascend or Diamond status with the Hilton Aspire card. This status match offers you a chance to get it without an annual fee though.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.