HUGE Amex Platinum 100K Bonus Returns - Check now to see if you are targeted.
Hilton & Hyatt 4th Quarter Promotions 2018
The economy is good and hotel occupancy is high, so loyalty programs have less and less incentive to put out good promotions to drive business. Unfortunately that is reflected in fourth quarter promotions for both Hilton and Hyatt. While neither is amazing, both will be of interest to loyalists of those respective brands. Let’s take a look.
Hilton Honors Moments Made Bigger Promotion
Hilton’s new promotion which runs from September 10, 2018 through January 3, 2019 is fairly simple.
- Earn 3X points on all luxury and resort stays (Full list of qualifying properties)
- Earn 2X points on all other stays
Hilton Promotion Key Terms
- Offer valid for stays completed September 10, 2018, through January 3, 2019 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio excluding Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China.
- Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/MomentsMadeBigger prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.
Hilton Promotion Analysis
As I said before, this promotion is no reason to shift stays you already had planned, but it’s a nice little kicker for already planned Hilton stays. At most Hilton properties you earn 10 points per dollar spent, so this is a decent little bonus, especially at luxury properties. Make sure to register so you can participate.
Hyatt Make Your Travel Add Up to More Promotion
Hyatt has released a promotion of their own for stays from September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018. The number of bonus points you earn depends on how many nights you stay during the promotional period. Bonus points are awarded as follows:
Hyatt Promotion Key Terms
- You must be a World of Hyatt® member and register by October 15, 2018.
- All Eligible Nights under this offer must occur from September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”).
- A maximum 60,000 Bonus Points may be earned, regardless of the number of Eligible Nights completed during the Offer Period. F
- or the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- Nights at Oasis homes and Small Luxury Hotels of the WorldTM properties are not Eligible Nights.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer.
Hyatt Promotion Analysis
Once again this promotion isn’t worth shifting business in my opinion, but it’s a nice kicker for those who already have stays planned. As a Hyatt Globalist I have 10 nights already booked (with perhaps more to come) during this promotional period, so I’ll be earning an extra 750 per night. Since my 10 nights are all award nights and all fall in September, I’ll also be able to combine this with the 10% rebate for World of Hyatt cardholders.
The only downside with this promotion is you won’t get the maximum per night bonus if you fall in between one of the thresholds. That breakage is no doubt built into the promotion on purpose as I assume most people don’t hit exactly 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 nights.
Despite the fact that occupancy is high, it’s nice to see at least some promotions coming from the major hotel chains. Neither of these promotions is spectacular and neither comes close to being as good as these chains have offered in the past, but both make staying at these respective brands just a bit more rewarding.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.