Here is a look back at some of the most interesting articles and news stories from this past week. Enjoy!
- American Airlines has discounted 10k one-way or 20k round-trip awards available to/from Los Angeles and Las Vegas. One Mile At A Time has the details. This is a great deal and the best part is that it is bookable online!
- Travel Is Free had a great feature on booking around the world tickets with different carriers.
- The newish hotel booking site Travelpony made a big splash this week with a great promotion!
- Frequent Travel University tickets are about 90% sold out for the upcoming conference in April. You can buy tickets here.
- Visa and Mastercard announced that all U.S. credit cards will have a chip and pin by October 2015.
- American Express announced that their Delta cards will be getting a chip and will no longer have foreign transaction fees as of May 1.
- With the end of the Wright Amendment in sight, Southwest announced fifteen new destinations that they will fly to from Love Field starting in October of this year.
- Hertz made some positive changes to their loyalty program by reducing the number of rental nights needed to gain elite status. Deals We Like has the details.
- Various journalists complained about the state of their hotels in Sochi this week. The Washington Post had a great breakdown of what some people had to say via twitter!
- Of course the Russian government claims that Western Journalists were delibreately sabotaging their rooms. As evidence one official said that the government had seen people leaving water on in their showers?!? I guess the dirty water isn’t the only thing people there have to worry about.
- Find out how to circumvent the AA Gateway stopover city rule and then change your flights later to better suit your needs.
- The Southeast Asian airline market is rapidly expanding. AIN Online has a great article about what that looks like for carriers in the region.
- Forbes has an interesting article explaining exactly what the FAA’s downgrade of Indian aviation means.
- Speaking of India, I put together a step by step explanation of how I booked and chose the segments for my upcoming trip!
Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below!