Hyatt 20% Rebate on Award Redemptions
Update: This may be targeted. At least one reader who is a cardmember reports not being eligible.
Update 2: Hyatt has confirmed that all current cardholders are eligible. New cardholders are eligible if they register by 3/31/15. More info here.
Hyatt has released a promotion which makes me sad that I no longer hold their card. Through July 31, 2015, registered members will receive 20% of their points backs on award redemptions. That is amazing.
Before you run over and apply for their credit card (something I considered doing), keep in mind that the terms state this promotion is only valid for “cardmembers in good standing as of 1/31/2015.”
How It Works
- Register for this promotion by clicking here and entering your information before March 31, 2015.
- Book a stay with points and complete your stay before July 31, 2015.
- Get 20% of your points back. Your points will be deposited directly into your Hyatt Gold Passport account 4-6 weeks after your completed stay.
How Much Will Awards Cost at 20% Off
- Category 1 – 4,000 (5,000 normally)
- Category 2 – 6,400 (8,000 normally)
- Category 3 – 9,600 (12,000 normally)
- Category 4 – 12,000 (15,000 normally)
- Category 5 – 16,000 (20,000 normally)
- Category 6 – 20,000 (25,000 normally)
- Category 7 – 24,000 (30,000 normally)
The Hyatt Credit Card Best Offer
While it says this deal will only work for cardholders as of 1/31/15, I wonder if they will know when you got the card. Keep in mind I am not recommending that anyone speculatively apply for the Hyatt credit card, but I thought I would use this opportunity to remind you of how to get the best offer.
The normal public offer for the Hyatt credit card gives 2 free nights at ANY Hyatt property worldwide. My wife and I used the nights from her card last year at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. What an amazing experience.
Anyway, if you are thinking about applying, there is a way to get the 2 free nights plus a $50 statement credit by creating a dummy booking. You can find the step by step instructions along with my full review here. (No affiliate links.)
I am seriously jealous of Hyatt credit cardholders right now. Hyatt is my go to chain and I love my Diamond status, so I am constantly redeeming their points for hotel stays. Hyatt points are very valuable and this is one of the best hotel promotions I have seen in awhile!
HT: Pizza in Motion