Increased Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer – 60,000 Points
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- The $95 annual fee IS NOT waived
- LEARN MORE
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants- from airfare and hotels to fine dining and cafés.
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- No foreign transaction fees
- LEARN MORE
On top of the Chase 5/24 rule you need to worry about the Sapphire rule as well:
This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
I value Ultimate Rewards points at around 2 cents a piece. If you transfer them to partners you should be able to get a minimum of 1.5 cents per point that way. With this new offer you are essentially getting $150+ worth of points for $95 since the annual fee is waived in the old offer.
I have even said that the Chase Sapphire Preferred is the better card in year one and then you should upgrade to the Chase Sapphire Reserve in year two.