New Limited Time, Increased Offer On The United Explorer Card
THIS OFFER HAS ENDED
Chase has just launched a new limited time offer for their United Explorer card. The normal offer hovers around the 40-50,000 point range. With the new offer it is possible to earn 60,000 miles but it does come with a steeper spending requirement.
Details of the Offer
The offer is as follows:
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months
- Earn an additional 20,000 miles after spending $8,000 within the first 6 months
- The $95 annual IS waived
- Offer ends 5/16/19
- LEARN MORE
The earning structure is as follows:
- 2 miles per each $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel accommodations*
- 2 miles per each $1 spent on United purchases
- 1 mile per each $1 spent on all other purchases
This is an increase from the previous offer of only 40,000 miles but it has been possible to get 50,000 miles for $3,000 in spend in the past.
Perks of the Card
If you are a regular United flyer this card has some pretty good perks, especially for a $95 annual fee. Many regular flyers keep this card long term because of it. The perks are as follows:
- Free checked bag
- Priority boarding
- 2 United ClubSM passes
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck® Fee Credit
- 25% back on United Inflight Wi-Fi, food and drinks
- No blackout dates – expanded awards capacity for cardholders
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open
- LEARN MORE
The expanded awards capacity is the best perk of the card and it can be invaluable for frequent United flyers. The two United Club passes are a nice perk that most other airline credit cards no longer offer too.
If the increased minimum spending amount is not too much of a burden this is a pretty good offer. I personally would probably prefer the 50,000 miles for $3,000 in minimum spend offer a little better but more miles is more miles.