Transfer LifeMiles to Another Account, Get 125% Bonus
The Avianva LifeMiles program has an interesting promotion. Thy are offering a 125% bonus just for transferring miles from one account to another. Let’s check the details.
Ask a family or friend to transfer miles to your account. For every LM 1,000 they transfer, you will get a bonus of LM 1,250. Promotion valid from March 26th until April 3rd, 2019.
A fee of USD 15.00 + taxes for every LM 1,000 transferred between accounts applies; the member who transferred the miles will pay the fee.
- This promotion is valid from March 26th to April 3rd, 2019
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles is $15.00 not including applicable taxes and USD $18.30 including applicable taxes according to the country of correspondence registered in the LifeMiles database
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of 1,000. Minimum transfer miles: 1,000.
- Maximum transfer miles per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- Maximum LifeMiles to receive per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain Elite status.
- The transfer of miles is an immediate execution transaction. Once the miles are transferred, the miles will be accrued immediately on the receiving members account.
The bonus is great, and you;re just transferring LifeMiles from one account to another, maybe a friend’s or family member’s. But the issue is the fees that come with these transfers. You need to pay $15 plus taxes for every 1,000 LifeMiles that you transfer. That will make the cost of these bonus miles about 1.3 cents each. That could still be useful, but that will depend on how much you value LifeMiles.
If you don’t have LifeMiles in your account, then you can transfer from these programs:
- 1:1.15 (with current 15% bonus) from Amex Membership Rewards
- 2:1.5 from Capital One
- 1:1 from Citi ThankYou Rewards
- 3:1 from Marriott Bonvoy
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.