HUGE Amex Platinum 100K Bonus Returns - Check now to see if you are targeted.
Marriott Travel Packages Refunds
A few days ago I wrote a post about how in my opinion Marriott “screwed” a certain segment of customers with their travel packages when switching from the old to new program.
This is because:
- Category 6, 8 and Ritz 1-3 packages all became worth the same as certs one category below which cost 30,000 points less
- Marriott knew they were going to make these changes
- Marriott took people’s points and allowed them to purchase these packages up until the last minute knowing they were overcharging by 30,000 points
Thankfully the company has seemingly seen the error of their ways for the most part. They have announced it is possible to get a 30,000 point refund, but you have to jump through a hoop. Yes, they could have automatically just refunded the points, but to get your 30K you’ll need to fill out a form.
How to get your refund:
- First, contact Marriott customer service via this link
- Next, select “Packages-Deals”
- Then, give them hell! Just kidding. Ask to get your points back by downgrading your certificate to one category lower. This still gives you the same value in the new program
While I do wish they would just automatically refund members, the form is simple and takes less than a minute to fill out. You will also receive a confirmation email with a case number to follow up.
Packages Can Be Used Sooner
Originally Marriott announced that travel packages wouldn’t be redeemable until September 18, 2018 due to limitations with their computer systems. Thankfully no issues arose so now you can book your packages as of today. This is a nice little development and a case of Marriott delivering more than they promised. I like when that happens.
I’m happy that Marriott backtracked a bit and gave customers with Category 6, 8 and Ritz 1-3 packages a chance to get their points back. Things could have been handled better, but this is a positive step and one I’ll give the company credit for.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.