It's Amazon Prime Day! Check out our curated Prime Day 2018 MASTER THREAD of Deals!
Marriott & United Offering Double Points with Promotion
I received an email from my Marriott credit card alerting me of a new United Airlines and Marriott promotion. At first I wasn’t two impressed with it until I noticed it works for United card holders as well.
Details on the Offer
The important terms are as follows:
- Promotion runs from March 15 – April 15, 2018
- Marriott card members earn 4 points per dollar on United Airlines bookings
- United MileagePlus Club card members earn 3 miles per dollar spent at Marriott hotels
- United MileagePlus Explorer card members earn 2 miles per dollar spent at Marriott hotels
- The bookings must be made directly with Marriott or United Airlines to qualify
- Works for business or personal versions of the cards
- You must first register at Chase.com/DoubleStayGo
Reward Plus Program
This isn’t the first time Marriott and United have teamed up to give loyalty members reciprocal perks. They also have their Rewards Plus program which offers the following:
- MileagePlus Premier Gold members (and higher) receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status.
- Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members enjoy complimentary MileagePlus Premier Silver status.
- Still working toward Elite/Premier status? All members receive special RewardsPlus redemption rates with points and miles.
More details on the program can be located at the bottom of the DoubleStayGo page.
This is an interesting offer for cardmembers that don’t have a great travel card for hotel or airline purchases and vice versa.
I find the MileagePlus Club card’s 3 miles per dollar earning on Marriott stays to be the most compelling. If the card holder doesn’t have a Chase Sapphire Reserve or an American Express Platinum card than this could be the best option available to them for Marriott hotel bookings. It is almost as good as earning 3 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar.
Did you get the offer? Do you plan on taking advantage of it at all?
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.