Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
United MileagePlus Explorer Card Offer, 50K Bonus Plus $100 Credit & Waived Fee
Chase has a new public offer available for the United MileagePlus Explorer card. You can get 50,000 miles, a $100 statement credit and the annual fee is waived the first year. Let’s look at the details of this offer.
- Get 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $100 statement credit after your first purchase
- 5,000 bonus miles after you add the first authorized user to your account and make a purchase with your Card during the first 3 months
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $95
The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card has a few bonus restrictions:
- This product is not available to either current cardmembers of this credit card, or previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
- The United MileagePlus Explorer Card falls under Chase’s 5/24 rule even if you have been targeted.
The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card has the following earning structure:
- 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United
- 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
The United MileagePlus card comes with a few nice perks, they are as follows:
- Free first checked bag for you and a companion on United operated flights when you purchase your tickets with your card.
- Priority boarding
- Two one-time United Club passes each cardmember year.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to special events and unique experiences
- In the past cardmembership has lead to higher portal pay outs and more award seat availability.
Sign Up Bonus Value $700
United miles are worth around 1.4 cents on average. That makes 50,000 miles worth around $700. There’s no annual fee the first year, so there’s no out of pocket expenses, plus you get the $100 credit. That makes it a bonus of around $800. Feel free to substitute in your own value for United MileagePlus miles.
While 50,000 miles is not as high as previous targeted offers of 75,000 and $50, it is still an improvement over the standard offers. Annual fee is waived and you get the $100 statement credit. The offer is also public, which makes it more accessible, but I suspect that not many readers with be eligible to apply due to 5/24.
The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card comes with a few decent perks (free checked bags, 2 lounge passes) that give it some extra value.
Do you think the increase is worth an application? Let us know in the comments!
HT: Doctor of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.