Miles to Memories Podcast Episode 5
The Miles to Memories podcast episode 5 dropped this morning. Be sure to be on the lookout for our new episodes every Thursday morning!
Episode 5 Details
In episode 5 we discuss not chasing every deal and beating FOMO for your own sanity. We dive into Las Vegas’ latest despicable fee and how resort fees in general are getting out of control. Shawn and Mark also give an overview of their week at FinCon & CardCon and why meetups and conferences are important in this space. They also overview their stay at the Park Hyatt in DC, go over some quick deals and there are some outtakes of course!
This episode is sponsored by Travel Freely, the MtM recommended tool for tracking & organizing credit cards.
- 0:00 – $1400 RT in business class to Japan
- 1:33 – How the Delta Vacations deal went wrong for Joe (temporarily)
- 6:12 – The stress that sometimes comes with “good deals” and when good deals go bad (Shawn’s Jetblue account getting hacked)
- 12:55 – What causes our FOMO and dealing with it
- 20:00 – Break
- 22:10 – Cardcon and Fincon trip report, the value of networking
- 33:56 – Park Hyatt DC Impressions (Trip Advisor reviews)
- 39:14 – Las Vegas introducing more dumb fees h/t View from the Wing (Tips for avoiding Vegas resort fees)
- 46:10 – Quick Hits (Discover stacking, AA portal bonus)
We hope you enjoyed episode 5. If you did please subscribe for the podcast where you normally listen and rate & review it for us as well (ratings and reviews help us out 😉). Also be sure to check out our new episodes every Thursday!
You can subscribe to the podcast on
Here is the direct MP3 if you prefer to download it that way.