Best of Miles to Memories 10/5/15/-10/11/15
Welcome to the weekly “Best of Miles to Memories” recap series. Here you will find links to all of the still relevant posts from the past week. This week I discussed how to save money with Discover’s car rental certificates, analyzed Staples $300 Visa gift cards and covered how to trick Citi’s terrible ThankYou flight search engine into showing the desired results.
To make the posts in this recap easier to wade through, my “Editor’s Picks” in each section are in bold. If you have questions about anything you read feel free to contact me anytime. Enjoy!
In Credit Cards
- My Recent Citi Retention Call – 2 Offers Including One on a Relatively New Card!
- Save Up to 50% Off Face Value with Discover Car Rental Certificates – Full Details & How to Redeem Online
- Amex Platinum Adds HHonors Gold & How to Register Online
In Manufactured Spending & Deals
- Staples Is Selling $300 Visas Online & Why It Is A Bad Deal! (And a Good One!)
- Citigold Bonus Confirmation from Citi & A Few More Tidbits of Info
- Updates from the Credit Card, MS & Reselling World: Minimum Spending Mistake, Galaxy S6 Portal Dispute, eBay Promotion Opportunity & HHonors Gold Development
- More Giftcards.com Visa Gift Card Changes – The New Math & More Analysis
In Award Travel & Bookings
- Another British Airways Avios Sweet Spot – How to Search & A Reminder of Why Avios Can Be Such a Good Value!
- Citi ThankYou Flight Search Tips & How to Find a Decent Price Despite the System’s Severe Limitations
- Don’t Let Your Travel Plans Stagnate & Another Record Points Redemption
In Loyalty & More
- How To Re-link your Hyatt & Mlife Status: You May Have Been Downgraded on October 1
- Earn Free Points In Two Major Loyalty Programs in Less Than 2 Minutes!
- My New Airline Management Simulator Addiction – Fun for AVGeeks and Normal People Alike
- New SPG Targeted 4Q Promo – Earn up to 7,500 Points + Stack with Other Promos for More Points!
Have a great evening!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.