Welcome to the weekly “Best of Miles to Memories” recap series. Here you will find links to all of the still relevant posts from the past week. This week I shared my controversial opinion on why Southwest changed their Companion Pass policy only to have them temporarily reverse course later in the week. I also detailed my last year of reselling, launched a new reselling Facebook group (~700 members already!) and tried to help you decide if you should apply for the Sapphire Reserve before the bonus is halved.
To make the posts in this recap easier to wade through, my “Editor’s Picks” in each section are in bold. If you have questions about anything you read feel free to contact me anytime. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
In Credit Cards & Deals
- Sapphire Reserve Bonus Will Plummet, But You Might Still Want to Wait
- The Banana Republic Card Strikes Again with Another Great Spending Offer!
- Discover’s $100 Bank Bonus Returns & Why it is Still a Good Deal
- Delta Flash Sale, Free Uber Helicopter Ride (Vegas), Free Kohl’s Cash & More!
In Reselling & Spending
- A Year of Reselling: A Million Miles/Points Earned, Lessons Learned & Going Forward From Here
- Miles to Memories Reselling: A New Facebook Group for Gift Card Arbitrage & Merchandise Reselling!
- More Bluebird/Serve Shutdowns Today: My 4 Year Old Bluebird Still Lives!
In Southwest Drama
- Southwest Backtracks: Hotel Transfers WILL Count Towards the Companion Pass Until March!
- Did Bloggers Kill Southwest Companion Pass Transfers? No, You Did!
- No You Didn’t Earn a Companion Pass: Southwest Made a Mistake!
- Southwest Extends Summer Booking Calendar & News on Next Extension
Have a great evening!