Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Posts That Caught My Eye
This is a Yahoo Travel article and they generally aren’t the best, but it is Friday afternoon and I enjoyed this read. By far my biggest pet peeve is that person who tries to run to the front of the plane before everyone gets up when you reach the gate. They never get more than a few rows before being blocked and clog it up for everyone else!
The worst part of this data breach is that it was Experian who was hacked. “The data includes names, birth dates, addresses and Social Security numbers or other forms of identification like driver’s license numbers.” That is a lot of sensitive information. As someone whose data may be included, I am not amused. This comes just days after Trump Hotels announced they were hacked.
New handheld chip-enabled card readers will force your waiter or waitress to stand at the table while you input the tip. Perhaps this will make things awkward and perhaps it will lead to bigger tips, but I don’t think so. Would you tip more (or less) simply because the waiter or waitress is looking at you as you input it?
- Amazon is offering $10 off a $50 or more Warehouse Deal purchase. To get the discount simply use the code WD1STTIME. This only works for items shipped and sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- As a reminder Staples is holding a Mastercard gift card rebate promotion starting Sunday. Details here.
- If you didn’t see it earlier, Citi is offering 50K AAdvantage miles or 50K ThankYou points for opening a checking account.
- $20 off Sam’s Club Membership two ways – Join online and get a $20 e-Gift card or load an Amex Offer (should show in your account) and get an instant $20 credit in store. I looked and it doesn’t seem that these can be combined. If you can hold out, I think the periodic Groupon or Living Social deals are probably better.
- With all of the eBay gift card “deals” today that I didn’t cover, just thought I would remind people that you can pretty much get them everyday for 5% on Target.com if you have a REDcard.
Have a great evening!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.