MoviePass No Longer Works at Some AMC Theaters
Yesterday, MoviePass confirmed on Twitter that it is no longer supporting certain AMC theaters. MoviePass is a membership that gives subscribers access to movies at partner theaters for $9.95 a month. The only real restriction is that you cannot see more than one movie in a 24 hour period. Check out our MoviePass Review for everything you need to know about MoviePass subscriptions and how to use it.
Is Your Movie Theater Affected?
Users planning on going to an AMC theater should double check the MoviePass app or site. You can check availability on the MoviePass map here. It appears that some of the locations that are no longer partnered with MoviePass are some of the more expensive ones. MoviePass has a pretty big network so it shouldn’t be too hard to find a replacement for most movies.
Here is a list of theaters affected found on Deadline:
- Empire 25 (New York City NY)
- Century City 15 (Los Angeles City CA)
- Mercado 20 (San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose CA)
- Disney Springs 24 (Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne FL)
- Loews Boston Common 19 (Boston MA-Manchester NH)
- River East 21 (Chicago IL)
- Mission Valley 20 (San Diego CA)
- Tysons Corner 16 (Washington DC (Hagerstown MD)
- Veterans 24 (Tampa-St. Petersburg (Sarasota) FL)
- Loews Alderwood Mall 16 (Seattle-Tacoma WA)
MoviePass is a great value for anyone who frequents movie theaters and with the extensive selection of partner locations, most subscribers should be minimally affected by this change.
HT: Doctor Of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.