New American Express Surpass Authorized User Offer
I received an email this weekend, from American Express, offering 5,000 Hilton Honors points for adding an authorized user to my Hilton Surpass card. This comes a few months after American Express sent out 10,000 and 5,000 point offers for their Surpass and fee free Hilton cards. I think this offer is better.
The details for the offer are:
- Add an authorized user and receive 5,000 Hilton Honors points when they make $250 in purchases within 3 months.
- The $250 in spend must be done on the authorized user’s card.
- Add up to 4 authorized users for a total of 20,000 bonus points.
- No additional annual fee for the authorized users.
- Must add the user by December 2, 2017.
- Looks like the offer has to be activated via the email (no direct link at this time).
This is very nice offer that I will be taking advantage of. I find it interesting that I received this offer after just completing the one for 10,000 points sent out a few months ago.
I actually like this offer better since it is 5,000 points for $250 in spend (20 pts/$) versus 10,000 points for $1,000 in spend (10 pts/$) for the last offer.
Be careful about adding too many authorized users with American Express. It has lead to some financial reviews in the past.
Did anyone else get the emailed offer? Will you be taking advantage of it? Did anyone get one for the no fee version?