Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Newegg Nike Gift Card Deal
While I truly love blockbuster type deals that generate a ton of return, smaller deals tend to add up over time. For example, deals like this week’s Staples Visa gift card offer are limited to 1 per household, however they happen many times per year. While it is only possible to earn 2,000 points or so per deal, you can do it 10-20 times per year.
Another similar deal I have been taking advantage of this week is a small gift card offer at Newegg. For over a week now they have been selling $50 Nike gift cards with a $10 bonus card. Basically, you are paying $50 for $60 worth of cards, a 16.67% discount off of face value.
Here is how it works:
- Buy 3 sets of gift cards at 83.33% of face value.
- Sell for 84-87% of face value.
- Earn 3X ThankYou points by paying with the AT&T Access More card.
- Earn 2X Ultimate Rewards points with the Shop Through Chase portal.
In the end you are earning a mixed 5X plus a small profit.
Need to Know
There are a couple of things you need to know:
- There is a hard limit of 3. Newegg is good at enforcing limits, so it is hard to get around them. Not impossible, but difficult.
- The limit resets every 48 hours. As long as this deal sticks around then you can buy 3 cards every 2 days. Not bad!
Use for Shopping – 15X
Just in case you don’t want to sell your cards, you can turn around and keep your 16.67% discount plus 5X and add another 15X United miles to it with today’s one-day only sale. Depending on how you value the points/miles, that could amount to a 50%+ savings.
I honestly don’t know why I didn’t write about this deal before today, but I think it is a good example of a smaller offer that can add up. I have purchased a few sets of these cards and will continue to do so every 48 hours as long as they let me.
What are some smaller deals that have padded your account balance over time?
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.